- Put together a prototype prefabricated straw bale walls/home, test proof of concept in Denver and create a template for replication to start a business.
- A sustainable (strawbale) residential house that is very low-cost, rapidly constructed, modular and modern.
- To own my own straw bale house that is cheap and can be constructed on limited land.
- Use Scandinavian design inspiration with traditional construction form via Ancestral Puebloan’s Square Tower House, Mesa Verde.
- Sustainable construction materials, that are low cost.
- To support the development of sustainable construction and low energy and low carbon living.
- 8/13/18 Learning about local groups like the Colorado straw bale organization, earth block construction companies, inspired by Tesla Tiny House. Finally, have enough information to put together a business plan for early investors and the above groups. Just need to start writing those emails and making the business plan in writing (and including the good points in this article. Also, inspired by this Instagram account.
- 7/12/18 Don’t like rowhouse but do like staircase along one side of building for two or three floors. Also, narrow staircases allow for functional height but can save space.
- 7/1/18 New goal of Scandinavian architecture and design with Viking color palette
- 6/24/18 Slight delay, but goal to find land that is three car spaces deep, two spaces wide.
- 6/6/18 Read Chris Magwood, Essential Prefab Straw Bale Construction: The Complete Step-by-Step Guide (Sustainable Building Essentials Series). Finally feel like I have a plan as I now understand the scope of the project, building materials and how to build the straw bale panels. Going to make google spreadsheet phases of construction. Looking now for partners. Also looking how to buy and build on a very small plot of land 2-3 parking spaces wide.
- 2/11/18 Took notes on the four books. Found good resources and connections of people doing workshops, straw bale magazines, and construction code for Colorado. Notes can be found here.
- 1/2/18 Rented four books on straw bale construction, reaching out to contacts for advice.